National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. College established IQAC in 2004.
The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, IQAC channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
The primary aim of IQAC is :
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Composition of the IQAC
Ten Action Points for Internal Quality Assurance Cells
- Designing and implementing Annual Plans for institute-level activities for quality enhancement.
- Arrange for feedback responses from students for quality-related institutional processes.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks / parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Retrieval of information on various quality parameters of higher education and best practices followed by other institution.
- Organisation of workshops and seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circle and institution-wide dissemination of the proceedings of such activities.
- Development and application of innovative practices in various programmes / activities leading to quality enhancement.
- Participation in the creation of a learner-centric enviornment conductive for quality education.
- Work for the development of internalization and institutionalization of quality enhancement policies and practices.
- Act as a nodal unit of the institution for augmenting quality-related activities.
- Prepare focussed Annual Quality Assurance Reports (AQAR).
Minutes of IQAC Meetings and compliance to the decisions during the session 2015-16
Minutes of IQAC Meetings and compliance to the decisions during the session 2016-17
Activities undertaken by IQAC