Welcome to the department of BIOTECHNOLOGY
The under graduate Department of Biotechnology was established in 2005-06 with intake capacity of 80 students.
The Department of Biotechnology has an excellent track record of academic excellence, and a good considerable student progression to PG studies and an exceptional list of achievements in curricular and co-curricular activities. Department is having well equipped laboratories and Plant tissue culture & Animal tissue culture.
Biotechnology is the area of biology that uses living processes, organisms or systems to manufacture products or technology intended to improve the quality of human life. Depending on the technology, tools and applications involved, biotechnology can overlap with molecular biology, bioengineering, genetic engineering and nanotechnology.
The UG Curriculum designed by RTM Nagpur University is applicable to us since the college is affiliated to RTMNU. This curriculum gradually exposes the student to all the above areas of Biotechnology in a graded manner, over the three years in six semesters. The curriculum also ensures that the student develops the right laboratory skills such that he/she is job ready.
- 3 spacious and well equipped UG Laboratories
- Plant Tissue culture laboratory
- Animal Tissue culture Laboratory
|SR. NO. ||PROGRAMME NAME ||DEGREE / DIPLOMA / CERTIFICATE ||AIDED / SELF- FINANCED ||YEAR OF STARTING ||INTAKE
||B. Sc (Chemistry, Microbiology, Biotech, (CMBT).
Teaching, Learning and Evaluation
Facilities for effective conduct of teaching learning process :
LCD Projector, Models, Charts, Educational CDs and E-Books.
Students Evaluation : Surprise test, Unit tests, terminal and test exams
Mrs. M. J. Madhugiri- co-ordinator
|SR.NO. ||FACULTY NAME ||DESIGNATION ||QUALIFICATIONS
||Ms. D.Deepthi Hynal
||Ms. Raksha Pandit
||M.Sc, Ph. D.
||Ms. Namrata Ruprela
||Ms. Nikita Pawar
||Dr. Samira Siddiqui
||M.Sc, Ph. D.
|SR. NO ||STAFF NAME ||DESIGNATION
||Mr. Ramesh Saste
- Guest lecture by Dr. Nandeshwar on the topic “Plant Tissue Culture” at Shivaji Science College, Nagpur.
- Mr. Aditya Joshi and Mr. Sushant Bhusari delivered lecture on the topic “Wild Life”.
- Guest lecture by Prerana Yesankar on the topic” amino acid metabolim” at Shivaji Science College.
- Plant tissue culture workshop
- Biofertilizer workshop
- Intellectual Property rights workshop
- Animal Tissue culture workshop
- Western blotting workshop
- Visit to Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu.
- Visit to National Institute of Oceanography, Goa.
- Visit to NEERI , Nagpur.
|Name of Student ||Merit Position
|Ms. Priya Lokhande
|Ms. Sarthaki Ghonge
|Ms V. Janani
- Pornima Rajkarane of B.Sc II worked as an intern at BARC, Mumbai (Duration: 2 months, Summer 2018).
- Wasudev Mishra & Suraj Nalage of B.Sc I year won first Prize in Raman Science innovation fest on 15th -17th February 2018 on the topic “Plastic degrading fungus”
- Laxmi Kumari of B.Sc II won 1st prize in “Ozowrite competition” which was held in Shivaji Science college Nagpur on 17/09/2018.
- Abhinav Hatwar of B.Sc II won 3rd prize in “Ozowrite competition” which was held in Shivaji Science college Nagpur on 17/09/2018.
- Shraddha Bire of B.Sc II has participated in “Scintillation 2019 (power point presentation competition)” on 19th march 2019 at J.B.Science College, Wardha.
- Vishal kharachwal B.Sc I won 1st prize in “Annual Virohan Science Quiz 2019” program conducted on 25th January 2019 at Institute of Health and management Science, Nagpur.
- Vishal kharachwal B.Sc I won 1st prize in “Debate Competition” on 19th January 2019 at Santaji Mahavidyalaya , Nagpur.
- Vishal kharachwal B.Sc I won 1st prize in “Orator of Vidarbha Student Parliament-2019” on 25th February 2019 at Govindrao Wanjari College of Engineering and Technology, Nagpur
- Rushikesh D Chaudhari of B.Sc II participated in RTMNU university intercollegiate volleyball competition (semifinal).
- Akash Chidam of B.SC II participated in RTMNU university intercollegiate cricket tournament competition held by Priyadarshini College and Vasant Nagar Majumdar Club, Nagpur.
- Rushikesh D Chaudhari of B.Sc III won 1st prize in intercollegiate volleyball competition.
- Dhanashree Thakare of B.Sc II participated in National level Gymnasium competition held in Chandigarh on 17/11/2018.
|SR.NO ||NAME ||PROFESSION
||Pursuing Post graduation in chemistry from Furguson College, Pune
||Pursuing Post graduation in Environment from Furguson College, Pune
||Pursuing Post graduation in Microbiology from Shivaji Science College, Nagpur
||Pursuing Post graduation in Microbiology from Campus, Nagpur
||Pursuing Post graduation in Medical Chemistry from Pune University
||Pursuing Post graduation in Chemistry from Hislop College, Nagpur
||Swanand Aundekar & Gayatri Tonpe
||Pursuing Post graduation in Biotech from Rajiv Gandhi Institute of IT & Biotechnology
||Pursuing Post graduation in Microbiology from VIT, Vellore
||Pursuing Post graduation in MBA from MIT, Pune
||Rounak Thakur & Yajurved Selokar
||Pursuing Post graduation in Microbiology from MKU, Madurai
||Pursuing Post graduation from Hyderabad University
||Manali Deolasi & Kunika Ninave
||Pursuing Post graduation from Ambedkar College, Nagpur
||Pursuing Post graduation from Baroda University, Gujarat